Hi,

My name is Anisa Ragalo. I am a Masters in Computer Science student at the
University of Cape Town, South Africa.

My masters project involves the aggregation of presence awareness
information from assorted devices (including mobile phones and PDAs)
belonging to an individual in order to provide a single and consistent
view of the individual's presence.

Specifically my project involves implementing a generic Multiple Points of
Presence system in both the SIMPLE and XMPP presence protocols and
subsequently determining which protocol performs better in this scenario.

My specific question is: Which metric, relevant to presence
information could I use to compare the two protocol implementations of the
Multiple Points of Presence system?

Anisa Ragalo,
Masters in Computer Science student,
Department of Computer Science,