4 sep 2008 kl. 17.58 skrev Dave Cridland:

On Thu Sep  4 16:48:16 2008, Johansson Olle E wrote:
It seems to me that sending invitations to chat rooms is very
unreliable. Is that your experience too?

It works very randomly. I haven't debugged if it's a server-side
issue  or a client side issue, but I think it's a combination.

Whilst doing the server-side recently, we tested a lot of clients
too. Not all clients handle invitations, and some handle them badly.

Any thoughts or explanations? Is there an "old way" and the "XEP
way" ?

There is an old direct method, which we've recently revamped for
various reasons, but clients tend not to send those.

One of the reasons for bringing these back is because privacy lists
and similar client-side functionality can have the effect of blocking
MUC invites, so it's entirely possible this is (one of) the problems
you're running into.

Thanks for your feedback.

If the invitation doesn't work, sending a URI and clicking on it
works in some, but not all clients. Some clients just doesn't have
any menu option for connecting to a MUC. Coccinella could connect
to a remote MUC (in another domain) while getting an invitation,
but it was impossible in the menu system.

I will have to check the writings in the baseline client XEPs.
If it's not describe there, maybe we should incorporate some basic
guidelines in the 2009 edition.

/O