Dnia 2008-10-15, śro o godzinie 14:35 +0100, Dave Cridland pisze:
> > Thus I am looking for a way to map [EMAIL PROTECTED] to
> > http://open.id/someone without the XMPP protocol involvement.
>
> What if the XSF ran a HTTP-based service, which'd let Open ID web
> services take "xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]", map it to
> "http://openid.jabber.org/[EMAIL PROTECTED]", which'd reolve into a
> redirect to the user's actual OpenID service, as discovered by PEP or
> some such?

Good idea. The only weak point I see is centralisation.

Maybe we could create a TXT DNS record in the XMPP server domain
pointing to a service doing the translation?
(DNS resolution is not really an overhead for HTTP server.)

Ex.:

server.org  IN  TXT  "openid http://openid.server.org/?jid=";

which concatenated with JID gives
http://openid.server.org/[EMAIL PROTECTED] that serves/redirects to
OpenID server.

Or maybe we could use SRV record type somehow?

--
  /\_./o__ Tomasz Sterna
 (/^/(_^^' http://www.xiaoka.com/