I'm trying to determine whether XEP-0004 can be used by a bot to send
data forms to a client. I've tried a couple of things and none have
resulted in forms, but i don't know whether that is because of my lack
of understanding of the spec or lack of support in my clients (pidgin
and Adium)

Here's what i've tried:

- include a form via <x/> inside a message sent from the bot to the
client. Client gets the message and shows the body in chat, but does
not show the form
- send an <iq/> of type "result" for some imaginary command with <x/>
inside the <command/>, also did not result in a form
- tried using a <message/> with a <query/> element advertising my
imaginary command, hoping that the command would then be callable by
pidgin so that i could properly respond with a form in response to the
command request. I know pidgin and Adium discover commands at the
server level so that admins can execute various commands, but i can't
determine whether they support commands at the jid level. Advertising
the command did not result in a callable option in the dropdown.

Basically is there a way to push a form to a client or if not, how
would a client request a form from another client?

thanks
arne