> Both gloox and libstrophe refuse to run and have bugs in them (I have
> posted to the gloox mailing list with no response). Libstrophe errors
> are below.

I'm sure libstrophe and gloox have bugs in them.  What you posted for
libstrophe is a bunch of compilation errors that you got because you
are just trying to compile every file in the tarball haphazardly.
oocontext and oostanza.cpp in particular are not included in the build
(for the reasons you see, they may not compile cleanly).  Also, you
seem to be compiling all kinds of expat's cpp stuff, none of which is
actually used or needed.

I'm sorry that SCons didn't work for you, but I suggest either trying
an older release of SCons, or reading the SConstruct file to see what
actually needs to be built.

jack.