Am 10.11.2008 um 07:57 schrieb Jonathan Dickinson:

Lol, careful about making statements like that on a public mailing list (although I can sympathise, the build scenario on Linux chased me back to Windows).

Huh? For me, it was the other way around. Windows buildsystems chased me to crosscompiling win32 binaries (like GTK for Win32, which we need for Gajim on Win32) on Linux, as even cross compiling is far more easier than setting up a build environment on Windows. I neither succeeded with Microsoft Interix nor Cygwin.

About the topic: If you can't even compile an XMPP lib, I doubt you can handle SSL, XML Parsing etc (all the stuff you need to connect to an XMPP server) on your own…

--
Jonathan