Am 15.12.2008 um 10:51 schrieb Philippe Sultan:

I was wondering if the thread element, used to identify conversations, is actually implemented in some XMPP clients, or if there are plans to implement it.

Yes, it is, in Gajim. It's required due to the ESessions support.

This seems to be a long standing feature request in Adium/libpurple (trac.adiumx.com/ticket/8319), but I don't know if other projects plan to include it, and which projects actually did.

It might be reworked somewhen, as the current XEPs are a bit unclear on how to define a thread and when a thread gets terminated.

--
Jonathan