On Tue Nov  3 09:48:44 2009, Simon Josefsson wrote:
Dave Cridland <d...@cridland.net> writes:
> I have both an implementation of it and a suite of protocol
> implementations that use it, including XMPP. (And IMAP, ESMTP, and - > naturally - ACAP). I added SCRAM to see how much harder it was than
> DIGEST-MD5 - it turns out to be much, much easier. It's quite
> possibly out of date WRT the spec, I did it during the last batch of
> GSSAPIisms.

We'll find out. :-)

Probably, yes. :-)

> I believe that Alexey has the majority, at least, of a server-side
> SCRAM-SHA-1 implementation for Cyrus SASL, too.

He told me it was only SCRAM-MD5, at least some time ago.

Yes, that's true. But my implementation also does SCRAM-MD5, so that's okay.

> So in the short term, I can spin that up against whatever concrete
> server you have that'll use SCRAM-SHA-1, I think. I believe it'll do
> at least some forms of channel binding, too.

I have a public IMAP test server up and running with SCRAM-SHA-1
support. No channel binding support yet. Host 'nubb.josefsson.org',
username 'user' and password 'pencil'.   See:

Excellent, I'll point my client at that and see what happens.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:d...@cridland.net - xmpp:d...@dave.cridland.net
 - http://dave.cridland.net/