2010/8/27 Remko Tronçon <re...@el-tramo.be>:
>> XEP doesn't forbid such behaviour, as I posted above.
>
> Hmm, we need to make it explicit that this is forbidden then. The
> whole reason that PEP exists was to avoid spamming of extended
> presence.
>
> Thanks for pointing out that this wasn't 100% clear in the spec.

+1. Perhaps changing the wording throughout from "has presence
information" to "has received presence information" would suffice.

I actually discovered this bug shortly before it came up here. I
noticed I was receiving PEP events I hadn't asked for from my ejabberd
contacts on my mobile - not nice, so it looks like I'm going to have
to come up with a server-side filter to drop/bounce these
notifications.

Matthew