Hi,

On 21 September 2010 17:07, Dave Cridland <d...@cridland.net> wrote:
> On Tue Sep 21 15:56:09 2010, Tuomas Koski wrote:
>>
>> Hi,

>> > Right, and the ideal answer is to use PEP - or rather, pubsub-onna-jid.
>>
>>  Yes ... but ...
>>

>> On 21 September 2010 16:15, Dave Cridland <d...@cridland.net> wrote:
>> > But in some cases you don't want to (because your PEP service is
>> > minimal) or
>> > can't (because you have no PEP at all).
>>
>> Exactly. The above is my limitation.
>>

>> On 21 September 2010 16:15, Dave Cridland <d...@cridland.net> wrote:
>> > It's not yet clear to me that a solution is possible.
>>
>> Yeah. I will do a demo using the LRDD. It will not be beautiful but I
>> think it'll get us started.
>
> What we need is a case of fallbacks.
>
> So we expect to find a microblog in the pubsub service rooted at the user's
> bare jid.
>
> Failing that, we expect to find a pointer advertised over PEP (Not ideal,
> since this would mean every time I come online, I'll get a copy of your
> advertisment).

Yes, and the publisher of the "microblog notices" does not always want
the microblog subscriber to be "associated with an instant messaging
and presence account".

On 21 September 2010 17:07, Dave Cridland <d...@cridland.net> wrote:
> Failing that, we try webfinger/LRDD.
>
> Failing that, we see if the user's client(s) support some discovery method,
> and use that. (A special disco node?). This is really not ideal, as we need
> to catch the user online.
>
> Failing that, we assume that the user has no microblog unless configured.

Thanks Dave! Great! That's way better than what I was about to offer.
I'll do that. I think I can set up a demo pretty quickly.

To be continued ...

Br,
--
Tuomas