after digging into this..

what would be the advantage into using pubsub instead of a custom written (and
much simpler) protocol? it seems that i need to strip out a lot of the
functionalities I'd never need (item persistence, complex authorization
mechanism, writing to disk,...), not counting bigger payloads and collections
often not supported on real servers (ejabberd for instance).

any ideas?

thank you,

r.