From: Kevin Smith <ke...@kismith.co.uk>
To: Jabber/XMPP software development list <jdev@jabber.org>
Sent: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 9:20 AM
Subject: Re: [jdev] Problem receiving presence after power outage

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Mark Gabriel Paylaga
<mpayl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone tried this before? :
>
> 1.)  Server1 receives presence from Server2.
>
> 2.)  Power off Server1 (meaning no graceful exit, jabber still running and
> other services then literally just switch off the server or unplug it).
>
> 3.)  Restart Server1 (start all services including jabber).
>
> Result:  Server1 does not receive Server2's presence.
> Solution: Restart services in Server2.  Server1 will receive the presence.
>
> Is this because Server2 is still holding on to the old jabber session ID or
> something?

This shouldn't happen. When Server1 comes back online, it'll signal
that it wants presence for the newly online user@server1, and server2
should be willing to provide it (subject to subscription states being
right, etc.).

Is this a  general problem you see, or with specific services?

/K