On 04/26/2012 05:39 PM, Madina wrote:
> Hi all =)
>
> I create web-chat and naw thinking about save private-chat chistory -
> like in skype or icq. BUT first - i must save it on server side, and
> second - my server don't know about xep-0136 =) I thinkin about saving
> messages in DB but try imagine DB with chat history, for example 1
> user can have (for example) 10 chat-windows with his friend and tolk
> with them several hours - i think it';s a lot of data. Maybe someone
> have any ideas?

You should write a module for your jabber server which will save
messages for you. (some servers already has modules for xep-136 support)

The size of DB will not be too large actually for modern DBMSes. For
example, gajim stores all his history in local database (which is not
high-grade DBMS) and works well after several years of usage.

Completely another story will happen if you will need a full-text search
among the logs... :)

--
With best regards,
Sergey Dobrov,