On 12/05/2012 06:48 PM, andy nes wrote:
I did try it with bare JIDs. The sender is an admin. But even then it
failed. The server (ejabberd) sent an error message.

So you need to patch the server in order to be able to send such queries.

But I still recommend to do this action from the subscriber side.

/andy

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Sergey Dobrov <bin...@jrudevels.org
<mailto:bin...@jrudevels.org>> wrote:

    On 12/05/2012 06:16 PM, Kim Alvefur wrote:

        On 2012-12-05 11:00, andy nes wrote:

            Hey,

            I have a pubsub node, to which publishers publish their updates.

            As an admin and node owner, I want some users to subscribe
            to the node. I
            want to do that in the backend using the web admin so that
            the first time
            the users login using their jid, they start receiving the
            published items
            from the node.

            Is this possible?

        The protocol doesn't make it impossible for someone with sufficient
        privileges to subscribe someone else, see
        http://xmpp.org/extensions/__xep-0060.html#subscriber-__subscribe
<http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0060.html#subscriber-subscribe>

        And the server can of course do whatever it wishes to the
        subscription list.

    Hm, interesting note, it seems you're right. But don't sure if
    ejabberd supports this trick:

        If the bare JID portions of the JIDs do not match as described
        above and the requesting entity does not have some kind of admin
        or proxy privilege as defined by the implementation, the service
        MUST return a <bad-request/> error, which SHOULD also include a
        pubsub-specific error condition of <invalid-jid/>.

        --
        Regards,
        Kim "Zash" Alvefur

    With best regards,