There's talk of a buddycloud project for GSOC which is XMPP based.

Suggest you get in touch at
https://demo.buddycloud.org/t...@topics.buddycloud.org and ask there
:)

Steven Lloyd Watkin
Software Engineer
PHP ::: Java ::: Ruby ::: Node.js ::: XMPP
ll...@evilprofessor.co.uk (email+jid) ::: http://www.evilprofessor.co.uk
Facebook / Twitter / Flickr: lloydwatkin

Organiser of WORLD RECORD breaking charity event:
Scuba Santas ::: http://www.scuba-santas.co.uk
Supporting the RNLI & DDRC - 15th December 2013 - NDAC, Chepstow