Hi Waqas,

Actually the project was added about 3 months ago
(https://github.com/Kixeye/kixmpp/graphs/commit-activity).

This project has an interesting history. Initially it started as an efficient
load testing client for testing Openfire - we are able to simulate 15000
clients on a xlarge instance on AWS. Other XMPP clients were unable to handle a
large number of XMPP clients on a single instance, i.e. Smack had tons of
memory leaks and Tigase was extremely inefficient in processing stanzas. Soon
after load testing Openfire we realized that it performs extremely poorly under
load and is completely unstable in a clustered environment. So we dropped
Openfire and implemented our own XMPP server - using high-performance computing
design patterns. Our requirement was to reach 500,000 simulated chatting
clients - but we never actually hit a limit in our load tests. Based on our
load testing parameters: a million simulated clients caused the server to
output 230,000 message stanzas per second with a load average of 6 on a 32 core
box using only 30% memory on average.

Thanks! We will add more documentation soon. Currently it's meant to be used as
a library and enable any Java application to embed a XMPP client or XMPP server.

Regards,

Elvir B.