Hi All,

I am working on a little app that will have XMPP ability, and need a jabber
server for this.

I hope that user numbers will at least go into the ten thousands, maybe
more.

I am planning on hosting the server on the Amazon Web Services cloud.

Does anyone favour any specific server implementations? I am currently
looking at openfire and ejabberd, and would like to know what others think
is a good choice and why. Of course, it would be nice to have a server that
is easily clusterable/scalable, so as to handle a large amount of traffic
as smoothly as posible

I would also like for the server to support as many XEPs as possible.

What would also be cool is if there is some support for Jingle, but I am
not sure if any servers do this, since I am not sure if Jingle is part of
XMPP/XEPs yet, and also, since I havent looked at the technical details of
Jingle yet, I am not sure if the server needs to implement it at all, since
it seems to be p2p.

Would be happy to receive any and all input/suggestions/ideas!

Thanks and best regards,

Chris Fortmueller