Gesendet: Dienstag, 03. Februar 2015 um 13:51 Uhr
Von: "Michael Weibel"
<michael.weibel+x...@gmail.com<mailto:michael.weibel+x...@gmail.com>>
An: "Jabber/XMPP software development list"
<jdev@jabber.org<mailto:jdev@jabber.org>>
Betreff: Re: [jdev] Websockets RFC: stream: prefix required or not?
Because the example is confusing
(IMHO)<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7395#section-3.3.3>:

   Note that for stream features and errors, there is no parent context
   element providing the "stream" namespace prefix as in [RFC6120], and
   thus the stream prefix MUST be declared or use an unprefixed form:

   <stream:features xmlns:stream="http://etherx.jabber.org/streams";>
     <bind xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-bind"/>
   </stream:features>

   -- OR --

   <error xmlns="http://etherx.jabber.org/streams";>
     <host-unknown xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-streams'/>
   </error>

The text is could be better "and thus the stream prefix MUST be declared or use
an unprefixed form" and also the example (using twice the features instead of
once features & once error). E.g. something like that:

   Note that for stream features and errors, there is no parent context
   element providing the "stream" namespace prefix as in [RFC6120], and
   thus the stream prefix MUST be declared or use an unprefixed form:

   <stream:features xmlns:stream="http://etherx.jabber.org/streams";>
     <bind xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-bind"/>
   </stream:features>

   -- OR --

   <features xmlns="http://etherx.jabber.org/streams";>
     <bind xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-bind"/>
   </features>

Would help a lot already, I think.

On 03.02.2015 12:53, Michael Weibel wrote:
> It looks as if you'd need to use the "stream:" prefix for "features" but
> you shouldn't/mustn't use it for "error".

What makes you think that you need to use a prefix (or String 'stream'
as prefix) when using features?