On 29 March 2015 at 15:25, Florian Schmaus <f...@geekplace.eu> wrote:
> The Ignite Realtime community is very happy and proud to announce the
> release of Smack 4.1, our open source XMPP client library. Since Smack
> 4.1 is not binary compatible with Smack 4.0, i.e. it is not a drop-in
> replacement, make sure to have a look at the "Smack 4.1 Readme and
> Upgrade Guide" [1].
>
> Smack 4.1 marks a milestone in the development history of Smack, as its
> obsoletes aSmack, the build environment formerly required to port Smack
> to Android. Starting with 4.1, Smack is able to run natively and
> unmodified on Android.

Florian, congratulations on the release and all the hard effort you
and everyone (including non-committers) who have made it possible!

I'm not even a Java coder (and never intend to be) but it is
undeniably an extremely popular language, and the effort to modernize
Smack is an important one for the whole of the XMPP community.

Regards,
Matthew