On 29 Mar 2017, at 12:07, Daniel Pocock <dan...@pocock.pro> wrote:

> On 29/03/17 12:49, Kevin Smith wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> As many of you will have noticed, we had a ‘minor issue’ with the server at
>> the weekend. To cut a moderately long story short, there was a failure at
>> the hosting provider, destroying the server that hosts the xmpp.org XMPP
>> service, website, wiki, xmpp.net service, etc. etc. Because these things
>> always work better together, we then discovered that that machine wasn’t
>> being backed up. The upshot of this is that we’ve potentially permanently
>> lost most of the data on the server. We’re working to bring services back
>> online as well as we can and recover what data we can, but there will be
>> data loss even in the best possible case.
>>
>> Thanks to everyone who’s been helping recover from this, but especially
>> Edwin who’s put in obscene amounts of time and is continuing to do so.
>>
>> If it happens that you have any of the wiki data locally for some reason
>> (e.g. browser tabs still open), please recover it and send it our way.
>

> https://web.archive.org/web/20160411022419/http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Main_Page

Thanks Daniel,
People are suggesting that on other lists too, so I’ll post the same reply
across all of them:

Thanks Martin. I should probably have clarified that we know about archive.org,
sadly it’s a little incomplete - but yes, this is our fallback (we’re also
trying google cache scraping) :)

/K