Stephan Bergmann wrote:
NAKATA Maho wrote:
In Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Jens-Heiner Rechtien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Compiler_versions_used_by_port_maintainers_and_release_engineers
good idea. I'll expand the table with a java section.

thanks a lot. BTW: jdk 1.3.1 might be the base line for OOo build,
however Hamburg RE seems to use jdk 1.4.2 for release build.
I think we should ask at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'd like to ask [EMAIL PROTECTED] subscriberes:
please see
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Compiler_versions_used_by_port_maintainers_and_release_engineers
what jdk must be used for release/milestone builds?

AFAIK, the policy is that the OOo code base can be compiled with 1.3.1 and any newer version. There were a few issues in the past when the OOo code base failed to compile with a newer version, when the newer version introduced new keywords (assert, enum) that conflicted with used identifiers, but those issues AFAIK always got resolved easily. Note that compiling with a newer version (esp. since 1.5) may produce class files that are not compatible with older versions, if you do not use special switches to prevent that.

The purpose of this page is to track the actual used versions of JDK/JRE, gcj/gij etc, so it's easier to decide when a policy can be updated without leaving anyone behind.

So, port maintainer, please state what you are using currently.

Thanks,
  Heiner

-Stephan

All the best,