Changes are done on CWS jl115 instead of jl111 as noted below.

Joachim

Joachim Lingner wrote:
As agreed last year (see http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Policies/Java_Usage ) the Java baseline is 1.5. Accordingly I am going to change OOo so as to only display and select a JREs with that version or better. This is done in the several javavendors_<platform>.xml files in the jvmfwk project.

I will change the minimum version to 1.5.0 for all JREs.
Here is a list with the currently used minimum versions:

                min version    max version
Unix:
Sun Microsystems Inc.        1.3.1

OS2:
Sun Microsystems Inc.        1.3.1
IBM Corporation            1.3.1

Mac:
Apple Computer, Inc.        1.3.1
Apple Inc.            1.3.1

Linux:
Sun Microsystems Inc.        1.3.1
IBM Corporation            1.3.1        1.4.2
Blackdown Java-Linux Team    1.3.1
Free Software Foundation, Inc.  1.3.1
BEA Systems, Inc.        1.3.1

Windows:
Sun Microsystems Inc.        1.3.1
IBM Corporation            1.3.1

There is a maximum version for IBM on Linux. Does anyone know if this is still justified? If not I will remove the maximum version and set the minimum to 1.5.0 as with all others.

I will do this change on the cws jl111.
Please let me know if you see problems here.

Best regards,
Joachim