On Tuesday 15 February 2005 07:49, Craig Russell wrote:
> Please reply to jdo-dev alias as well as jdo-experts alias.
>
> This is not a super important issue but it's very timely.

:o)

IMHO, I think the UPPERCASE that is still preferred by many DB admins are a
relic from COBOL days, and that the CamelCase is both easier to read. But
since Tables maps roughly with classes and columns roughly to members,
wouldn't it make sense to preserve case at all times when automated and 'use'
same case when manually mapped?

I also think this is a non-issue in that if there is already something in
place, then use it. Don't spend time on a change.

Cheers
Niclas