Hi Michelle,

yes, we need to describe the dependencies in the README.txt. I propose the following build order:
JDO1: api11, btree, ri11, tck11
JDO2: api20, tck20

Another alternative is using the multiproject support of maven. You can call 'maven -Dgoal=build multiproject:goal' in the directory trunk. Then maven looks at all the subprojects and calculates a dependency graph using the specified dependencies in the project.xml file. It then executes the goal build in all the subprojects in the order of the calculated dependencies. The only downside is that it does it for all the subprojects, so for the jdo1 and jdo2 subprojects.

Regards Michael

Hi, Geoff,

All you need to do is check out the jdo project and build the subprojects in the correct order. You will get six subprojects from the jdo subversion repository:

api11
api20
btree
ri11
tck11
tck20

To get the btree jar in your local repository with the appropriate name you just do "maven build" in jdo/trunk/btree.

It seems that we need to add information to README.txt regarding dependencies in building the subprojects, e.g. you must build btree before building tck11, ...

Hope this helps,
Michelle

Geoff hendrey wrote:

I'm trying to run the tck11 "enhance" goal.

There is a dependency on jdo-btree-SNAPSHOT.
When I try to execute the three CVS commands to get
the code, I succesfully get
org\netbeans\mdr\persistence package, but the
btreeimpl subpackage appears to not exist. If I create
the btreeimpl subpackage by hand, and execute the cvs
update, it zaps the btreeimpl folder, so I take it it
really does not exist in the cvs repository. Thus, I
am stuck.

In my opinion, it would be a good idea to ship a
prebuilt, local maven repository, configured with all
the jars. Or at least make this maven repository
available for download. Then you can set your
project.properties to simply point to a local
repository. Actually relying on maven to download jars
and/or source almost never works, especially if you
specify head snapshot as opposed to a specific
revision.

my $0.02.

So can somebody send me the jdo-btree-SNAPSHOT.jar?

-geoff

--- Michelle Caisse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Friday, May 13  at
9 am PST to discuss JDO TCK issues and status.

Dial-in numbers are:

866 230-6968   294-0479#
International: +1 865 544-7856

Agenda:

XML Schema (Brian T - specifics on orm dtd issues,
Craig - dtd issues fixed?)
JDO API release on ibiblio (Brian T, Craig)
Detached objects (Matthew)
Test development status (Michelle)
Apache nightly builds (Brian)
Other  issues  and status (any and all)

-- Michelle

Yahoo! Mail

Michael Bouschen                [EMAIL PROTECTED] Engineering GmbH
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]        http://www.tech.spree.de/
Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33         Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012          D-10783 Berlin