Hi Michael,

On May 20, 2005, at 7:10 AM, Michael Watzek wrote:

Hi,

I like to propose a solution for JIRA JDO-48 (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-48).

Solution:

1) We add 2 methods to class JDOTest localSetUp() and localTearDown(). These methods are called by setUp() and by tearDown(). They are hooks into the two methods and they may be overridden by subclasses.

This is good.

2) Furthermore, we add 2 methods to class JDOTest which may be used for registering persistence capable instances and persistence capable classses. The default implementation of localTearDown() cleans up all registered persistent data.

We need method names. I'm thinking that we add tear down instances and classes. So, addTearDownInstance(Object) and addTearDownClass(Class). Or just registerTearDown(Object) where the parameter might be a persistent object, an oid, or a class.

3) We change all tests in order to comply to 1) and 2).

This needs just a bit of extra thought. Some test cases assume that there are some instances in the database and if there are none, create some. It's not clear that there is any issue for these cases, so we should not arbitrarily clean up.

Craig

Obviously, issue 3) is most time-consuming. For this reason, I suggest to solve 1) and 2) in a first step. In a second step, we solve issue 3) per TCK package, e.g. starting with "org.apache.jdo.tck.lifecycle".

What do you think?

Regards,
Michael
Michael Watzek                  [EMAIL PROTECTED] Engineering GmbH
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]        Buelowstr. 66

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!