Hi Michael,

I think you're right about that. I think this is a bug in the example in the spec. Do you agree, Craig?

-- :Michelle

Michael Watzek wrote:

Hi Michelle,

you are right!

I wonder if the example in section 18.7 has a bug concerning the table attribute in the join element. Section 18.8 specifies:

"For join elements nested inside field elements, the table attribute is not allowed. The table attribute from the field element specifies the table to which the join applies."

This reads as if the table attribute must be specified on the field element, right?

Regards,
Michael

Hi Michael,

This is more a question for Craig and the expert group, but I don't think that primary-key, column, and foreign-key within a join are mutually exclusive. If you look at the example in section 18.7 of the spec, both primary-key and column are used. The column elements name the columns used to join to the primary key columns of the primary table; primary-key and foreign-key elements are used to provide information about the pk and fk columns of the join table.

-- Michelle

Michael Watzek wrote:

Hi Michelle,

I have a question concerning

<!ELEMENT join (extension*, primary-key?, column*, foreign-key?, index?, unique?, extension*)>

Does it make sense to declare elements "primary-key", "column", "foreign-key" as either/or content?

Regards,
Michael

Hi,

I've attached a patch that contains updates to the api20 jdo.dtd, orm.dtd, and jdo.xsd. The updates are based on the working spec as of Friday, 9/2. I've also attached the xml schema file because the diff is hard to read. Please let me know if you see any errors.

Thanks,
Michelle

[patch deleted]