Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Michael Bouschen, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. Query timeout in JDO / Update timeout (See latest email on the list from Craig)

The proposal makes it clear that we're not trying to limit resources in the VM but just when going to the datastore. There is no way to limit the entire query processing by this proposal.

How would we point people in the direction of DatastoreReadTimeout if they have QueryTimeout in mind?

What JDOException should be thrown in case of timeout for read, write, query, delete? Possibly simply a JDODatastoreException? It's a burden on the implementation to map all possible database result codes and the user might not even need to know what the specific exception is.

AI Everyone please review the proposal so we can close this last issue for 2.3.

2.  Support for conditional operator in JDOQL
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-650

Timo's latest comment is that case statements might be less tricky than Java conditional expressions, but adding new features to JDOQL that aren't Java is even more tricky. AI Michael reply to Timo's JIRA comments.

3. Other issues

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:craig.russ...@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!