On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 11:40 AM, <mcai...@sonic.net> wrote:

> Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Michelle Caisse
>
> 1. Issue with running individual configurations
>
> Error finding parent POM when running an individual configuration from the
> TCK directory. Resolved by running maven clean install from the parent
> directory. May indicate a problem with our build system?
>
> There is no problem with the build system.  This is how Maven works,
unfortunately.  It is not smart enough to realize that if you try to build
a submodule of a multimodule build, it needs to build preceding modules.
 So, it's up to you to know which modules you need to build and build them
yourself separately.  You can do this by changing to each module directory
and building, one by one, until you reach the module you want to build.
 Alternatively, changing to the build root's directory and issuing a build
will build all modules.

The advantage that the current build design gets you is that, once required
projects are built, you can build just the one submodule.  For example, if
you're working on the api project, all you need to build is the parent pom
project, then you can change to the api project and build it.  With the
prior build design, you couldn't easily do that.

-matthew