Hi,

> 2. JIRA "Support for conditional operator ? : in JDOQL":
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-650
> Using a SQL-like syntax would be the first time we have used non-Java syntax
> in the query expressions.
> Would it be difficult for DataNucleus to use the Java syntax for this
> feature?

DataNucleus already does support "java syntax" of
IF (...) ELSE IF (...) ... ELSE ...
This was valid Java last I looked at the language doc - yes it doesn't have
RETURN when in the RESULT clause but pretty damn close. If I was writing Java
code for returning a value from a method and there was complicated logic for
what to return I would use IF ... ELSE IF ... ELSE ... rather than nested
(expr ? expr1 : (expr2 ? expr3 : (expr4 ? expr5 : expr6))).

It doesn't currently support "(expr ? val1 : val2)" but then someone could
easily contribute support for that - whoever does it would have to be careful
when implementing it to distinguish ":" detection from explicit parameter
syntax though.

> 5. JDO 3.1
>
> Anything else for 3.1? Any volunteers to start the release process? Michael.
> Good job.

When is there going to be an actual release process that can be followed? I
mean one that doesn't get hung up on waiting for a JCP? aka things beyond this
projects control ? It is impossible for any downstream project to rely on
Apache JDO project as it is now ... no visibility of when things will get
released ... if ever (JDO 3.1 should have been 2012). For that reason I don't
have much time at all for what is there now, sorry.

--
Andy
DataNucleus (Web: http://www.datanucleus.org   Twitter: @datanucleus)