Hi Craig,

> > Returning to that old question : When will 3.1 be released?
> > JDO Query API rewrite is the thing people want.
>
> I assume you’re talking about https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-652
> which was discussed not quite to agreement a few years ago. Are you
> suggesting to put this feature back into 3.1?
> I thought that the only feature we are waiting on for 3.1 is the IF ELSE.

I suggested some time back on this list that 3.1 should have been released a
long time ago (and I didn't see a release process, or what is holding it up -
2012 would have been the opportune time to do it FWIW), and got the answer
that there was no release date. The only reason why "IF ELSE" was pushed into
3.1 was because no release was forthcoming.

Why can't 3.1 just be released right now?, and then the things that users of
JDO really see as important be tackled immediately in a JDO 4.0? The query
rewrite is in the latter category.

--
Andy
DataNucleus (Web: http://www.datanucleus.org   Twitter: @datanucleus)