Hi Gordon,

> A long time ago (2000 !), I wrote a partial implementation of the JDO 1.0
> draft spec to make sure the application uses an object API (and not just
> raw JDBC); the application still runs, but now uses datanucleus.
>
> Now, after a long period of inactivity in the JDO field, I've got to write
> an exotic datastore plugin
> where the data objects are stored as CAD drawable (or not) objects residing
> in a CAD drawing
> and where the object properties are CAD attributes of the CAD objects.
>
> Is there a document giving guidelines about the implementation of a new
> datastore for datanucleus,
> or should I better start with something roughly similar (maybe excel) or do
> you have the feeling it
> would be better to start from scratch ?

Well there is a very basic document
http://www.datanucleus.org/documentation/development/new_store_plugin_howto.html

but it only really touches the surface on what you'll need to do. I'd
definitely start from scratch but copy in features (from the most similar
plugin, excel? odf?) as you need them.

It comes down to what capabilities your datastore has, in terms of schema
generation (some of the plugins provide this), or in-datastore querying
(again, some do like Cassandra, MongoDB ... but others such as Excel, ODF
don't), etc.

Feel free to ask questions if you get stuck

Maybe later on in your experiences you can contribute an update to that
document based on what you found in doing it

Regards
--
Andy
DataNucleus (Web: http://www.datanucleus.org   Twitter: @datanucleus)