> 3. Other issues
>
> To use the type-safe query, a pre-processor needs to run on the persistence
> capable classes in order to create the “q” classes (metadata) needed by
> type-safe query.

> I don’t think we need to specify the contents of the metadata classes,

Well the JDO spec needs to specify enough to define that each persistable field
in the PersistenceCapable class will have an equivalent
public final XXXExpression field;

(where the XXXExpression is one of the javax.jdo.query.XXXExpression classes),
so then we know what expressions we have for use in the JDOQLTypedQuery for
that class. Similarly there are methods required in the Q class to get the
candidate/parameter of this type/variable of this type. Certainly the JDO spec
doesn't need to define how these methods are implemented though, just that they
exist.

> but we should standardize the process to generate these metadata classes.

OK. But apart from saying that an annotation processor will be provided by the
JDO implementation, (and maybe giving an example of how to do that), what else
would be standardised?

> Do we need to standardize the handling of Java8 date/time types?

+1 from me, certainly as Java 7 is EOL.

Regards
--
Andy