Hi Andy,

> On Jul 21, 2017, at 8:05 AM, Andy Jefferson <a...@datanucleus.org> wrote:
>
>> I updated the pom.xml to 5.1.1-SNAPSHOT and the enhancer step worked but
>> many tck tests fail. [1]
>
> I'd suggest that is down to whatever is different in your TCK from the SVN
> trunk TCK ...

Clearly this is the case. The class/interface/annotation that is being
complained about is the new composite annotation.

The failure is in a subclass of a class that has the new annotation.
FCDSMedicalInsurance extends FCDSInsurance.

I've prepared a patch that shows the error. Can you please try it and let me
know what you think the problem is.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-764

Thanks,

Craig

[1]
Insert of object
"org.apache.jdo.tck.pc.companyAnnotatedFC.FCDSMedicalInsurance@5553d0f5" using
statement "INSERT INTO DATASTOREIDENTITY0.FCDSINSURANCE
(CARRIER,EMPLOYEE,INSID,PLANTYPE,DISCRIMINATOR) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?)" failed :
Table/View 'DATASTOREIDENTITY0.FCDSINSURANCE' does not exist.
org.datanucleus.exceptions.NucleusDataStoreException: Insert of object
"org.apache.jdo.tck.pc.companyAnnotatedFC.FCDSMedicalInsurance@5553d0f5" using
statement "INSERT INTO DATASTOREIDENTITY0.FCDSINSURANCE
(CARRIER,EMPLOYEE,INSID,PLANTYPE,DISCRIMINATOR) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?)" failed :
Table/View 'DATASTOREIDENTITY0.FCDSINSURANCE' does not exist.

> because SVN trunk works fine with current DN code, and the only
> change in my fix is ignoring classes that are annotations, hence no
> persistable classes will be ignored due to this check.
>

> Regards
> --
> Andy
> DataNucleus (Web: http://www.datanucleus.org   Twitter: @datanucleus)