Hi Lloyd,
I am Gerrit contributor and Jenkins contributor and my company name is
GerritForge, I think there is nothing wrong with this :-)

Coming back to your points, I do think that GitHub and Gerrit are meant to be
used in different scenarios and they follow different models.
GitHub: "Integration Manager" (see
http://git-scm.com/book/en/Distributed-Git-Distributed-Workflows#Integration-Manager-Workflow)
Gerrit: "Central Repository" with topic-branches review (see
http://git-scm.com/book/ch3-4.html)

Not necessarily one is better than the other, they are just meant to be used in
different scenarios.
Jenkins community has decided to use GitHub, nothing wrong with this but I do
think that an integration with Gerrit would be useful anyway !

I spoke with Kohsuke last year @GitTogether 2011 (he participated as well) and
we discussed this possible integration as it would be a good thing for both
projects.
GitHub is widely used by Jenkins committers and I do not think anybody is
thinking about moving away from it :-)

On your proposals, my feedback is:

> - Don't do GitHub pull requests, e.g.
> https://github.com/torvalds/linux/pull/17#issuecomment-5654674

Don't think make sense for Jenkins dev: pull requests just work even though I
would agree with Linus on some points.
(@GitHub should spend more time listening to suggestions / complains and put
them back in the backlog and subject to public voting)

> - Creating a daemon that auto-closes GitHub pull requests, as Monty Taylor
> described to me for OpenStack, "Github does not allow a project to disable
> pull requests, so we also have a daemon which watches for pull requests in to
> the projects on github and auto-closes them with a message explaining how to
> submit changes to gerrit for review."
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/repo-discuss/rersrCtdEiY/WW7xBYjL_iEJ

I think Kohsuke tried as well to set-up a set of cross-hooks between Gerrit and
GitHub.

@Kohsuke: did you manage to implement something similar ?

> - Or Creating Gerrit code that automatically imports GitHub pull requests

That could be useful though and developed as Gerrit plug-in, seems cool to me.

Situation could be then:
a) Gerrit manages the code-review
b) Gerrit replication "mirrors" the changes to a GitHub repo
c) People clone the public GitHub repo and then creates pull requests
d) Gerrit plug-in automatically gets pull requests from GitHub and creates
"Patch-sets" to Gerrit for review

Does it make sense ?

Interesting flow IMHO, a good play to start integrating them.

Further comments are welcome :-)

Luca.