For this the Source Code Managemant and its SCM Pooling option is made for
;)

Use Version Control System like SVN or GIT, enable that option and you will
not have issues with outdated source being built ...

But - if you cannot use it, then you can mimic this behaivor using
Pre-build action(s) to do what you want.

Besides - if you would be more specific and describe the vsetup you have
for your CI, people here could be more helpful.

--
A.C. Linards L.