I know that this is Hudson, but I was thinking that because Hudson and
Jenkins are so similar and that because there is much more activity in the
jenkins mailing list that this might be worth a shot.

I just want either Jenkins or hudson to work building a very simple hello
world java project that is configured to use maven 3. While in the process
of doing this, I installed both Jenkins and Hudson to the same JBoss
instance. Jenkins version was the latest stable version, while Hudson was
(accidently, the M3 eclipse development milestone... or whatever that is
given on the installation instructions for the war deployment). I get an
exception when I try to build that is completely unrelated to my maven
configuration (pom.xml/whatever) or project, because it fails due to class
not found error. I'm wondering if I should fail back to the stable version
of Hudson or if I should switch my jdk installation instance from the
open-jdk that redhat uses or just straight up switch to jenkins (please
don't advocate this before I have a chance to completely explore the option
I have with Hudson, I'd prefer to have them both working). If I have to
install a different version of Hudson, do I delete ~/.hudson, and start by
reinstalling plugins and all?

If I merely try and solve the current problem that I have, rather than just
running away from it, how can I look deeper into the problem that I'm
having? I don't know how to debug a jboss instance, although I do happen to
have EAP 6 and the JBoss development environment. If someone could just
point me in the right direction...

please read below as well. I know it's long, sorry.