What kind of env vriables you are reffering to?

Nodes ?

Slave/Master?

System ( User / Machine / System context )?

Build env variables, defined with build-scripts?

For some part of the fun you can check out my battle against env variable
mess in Jenkins that I find inacceptable in any production software ..

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12670572/passing-system-env-variable-into-jenkins-slave

--
A.C. Linards L.