Apologies for the delay in responding to my original post.

I think my original question may have been somewhat unclear as to what I
wanted to accomplish with Jenkins and the plugin I am trying to develop. I
will try to clarify:

At the moment I am using Jenkins simply to kick off a series of tests that
run to evaluate the health of a system, these tests take certain parameters
based on the status of the system at the time of testing. The status of the
system often changes and as a result the parameters required change
frequently as well.

Currently I am manually entering the parameters everytime I kick off the
tests using the Parameterize Build option. However this is time consuming.

Would it be possible to have a plugin that takes in a config file of all
possilbe parameters that could be used and present these to the user in the
Jenkins GUI, allowing the user to dynamically choose which parameters to use
each time the tests are started.

I realise this is somewhat outside the original purpose of Jenkins, however
the end user is currently using Jenkins to build their projects as well so
an all in one solution would be idea if possible.