Hi All,

At my company we use Jenkins which is really great, but I was unable to
find a plugin with the following feature: for every job I wanted to set up
another e-mail notification, which sends a warning to the development
maganers that a given job have been failing for more than a given time.

(The developers are working on many projects (jobs) and of course sometimes
something goes wrong and the job fails. Usually these are corrected in a
relatively short time i.e. in one hour, but I would like to have a warning
if it does not happen, and the job is failing for a longer period.)

So I made a small plugin in the following way:

   - Created a new post-build action by extending "Notifier". After each
   build it will run and if the build fails it records the date and time of
   the "first failure" in an xml file in the job's root directory. The
   configuration has the following properties:
      - recipients: addresses where the notification mail will be sent
      - warning time (minutes): notification will be sent only if  the job
      is still failing after this amount of time
   - Created a new PeriodicWork, which runs in every miunte and checks
   every job if it fails for more than the "warning time". In that case it
   sends the warning e-mail and also records the date and time of the
   notification sent (in the same xml file).

What do you think about it? Did I miss something when I was lookig at the
existing plugins? If not, can I share this as a hosted plugin?

Thanks in advance,

Zoltán Buza