On Thursday, November 29, 2012 7:30:13 PM UTC+1, Max Spring wrote:

> I am able to make my logging.properties active.
> That's not the problem.
>
> I'm unable get my custom formatter being used!
> This seems to be more of a class loader issue.
>
> Using MAVEN_OPTS works equally to using -D on the command line.

Are you using the maven2 jenkins plugin ?

Doesn't that one bootstrap maven into it's own classloader ? Your class
would maybe not be available there.

Have you tried
1- adding your class in a jar under your MAVEN_HOME/lib/ext
   run mvn in the command line using your option and overriden logger
2- run again this time from jenkins

It might also work by placing the class into the maven2 plugin instead. I
am not sure how the classloading is implemented in the plugin.

Maybe olivier lamy can answer that.

Jerome