Great!!

I did a bit of experiment in parallel, and H2 database, when opened, takes
up about 1MB in heap. So we won't be able to keep them all open, but OTOH
if we don't cache an open database, I suspect the performance will suffer
drastically.

I see that you use WeakHashMap as a cache, so if the finalizer is
implelmented correctly, maybe it is a non-issue.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi