Hi folks, specifically rpetti and kutzi,
  I'd like to do some work to provide a post-commit hook for the Perforce
plugin[1]. Looking through that code base, it's looks like it started life
modeled on the Subversion plugin, but it has diverged significantly. I'm not
going to attempt to rationalize the two, but in an effort to re-use some code,
I propose refactoring:

hudson.scm.RevisionParameterAction
hudson.scm.SubversionRepositoryStatus

out of the Subversion plugin back into Jenkins core, so that some logic can be
shared with the Perforce plugin. This would of course mean that new versions of
both plugins would require a newer version of core to take advantage of the
refactored code. (Obviously, this could be done in stages, so it doesn't happen
all at once.)

Any objections?

  -- Dean

[1] JENKINS-12101<https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-12101>