So if no one has objections, I will happily remove these old svn repositories for mail address resolving :-)

Am 18.12.2012 19:10, schrieb Christoph Kutzinski:
Hi,

this is about the problem described in https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-15440. The mail address resolving via the svn-plugin can be *very* expensive - for me it takes around 20 minutes!

Nicolas and I have done some changes to the address resolver, so the 'known' repositories can be configured now and resolving is skipped altogether if none are configured.

See https://github.com/jenkinsci/subversion-plugin/blob/master/src/main/java/hudson/scm/SubversionMailAddressResolverImpl.java

However, this still leaves the problem in place for users who don't configure anything here: per default Jenkins would still try to infer mail addresses against the svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ and the dev.java.net svn repositories. I'd propose to remove this defaults altogether, so that new users won't run into this problems, too. About the state of these 2 repositories (AFAIK): dev.java.net has been discontinued altogether, svn.sourceforge.net has been replaced by the new SF svn repository service.
So these 2 are IMHO really legacy and could be removed.

Any opinions?
Of course these are technically still backwards incompatible changes, but I'd argue that tey are very minor and the benefit of removing them is much bigger. We should of course mention the changes in the changelog, so users who really want to have these repos in the resolver, can configure them after the upgrade.

cheers
Christoph