On 02/18/2013 09:03 PM, Jesse Glick wrote:
> On 02/18/2013 02:53 PM, Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
>> I don't know groovy
>
> More or less a superset of Java so there is not much to learn.
>
>> I also tried to run one of the groovy files found at
>> https://github.com/jenkinsci/backend-crawler and I got errors due to
>> some required packages that could not be downloaded/installed...
>
> Not sure what the current entry point for this repo is. It used to
> suffice to ‘mvn install’ but looks like it has been rewritten since
> then. Maybe someone else can help.

OK, I guess I solved the groovy problem :)

apparently, you have to put into this file ~/.groovy/grapeConfig.xml
(which was absent in my system) these contents:

<ivysettings>
  <settings defaultResolver="downloadGrapes"/>
  <resolvers>
    <chain name="downloadGrapes">
      <filesystem name="cachedGrapes">
        <ivy
pattern="${user.home}/.groovy/grapes/[organisation]/[module]/ivy-[revision].xml"/>
        <artifact
pattern="${user.home}/.groovy/grapes/[organisation]/[module]/[type]s/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"/>
      </filesystem>
      <ibiblio name="ibiblio" m2compatible="true"/>
    </chain>
  </resolvers>
</ivysettings>

the source of this is