I am bit overwhelmed at the wall of text in that spec, but I suppose this is about making Jenkins implement a set of REST APIs so that Eclipse can talk to different servers without individually implementing an adapter?

If someone (you?) is interested in driving the implementation but need help for Jenkins expertise, we'd be happy to help.