Not really an answer to your question and hopefully not stepping on
anyone's toes, but it does seem a bit of a worry to me that there are a lot
of little jobs and utilities that support the Jenkins' ecosystem that seem
to be only maintained by a very small group of people.

Has it been discussed as to whether some support of the bits and pieces
that make the ecosystem so great could be expanded out a little to a few
more people?

Richard.