Hi, I started the same work, see https://github.com/centic9/svnkit, in my
fork there is a separate branch "incoming-1.8.x" which contains the pure
1.8.0. version, however I did a manual integration, so the svnkit-history
is not visible, so yours is better...

According to the download-page of svnkit, the newer version will not work
with 1.7 working copy any more, thus requiring all existing checkouts to be
upgraded, I am not sure what tihs means to the plugin, if it should
automatically upgrade working copies or should refuse to work on such
working copy versions?

Dominik.