Pardon if this has been answered before.

I am looking for a way to manually annotate test results.

The use case: suppose a test fails. You analyze the root cause. The problem
is not trivially fixed. So you want to capture your findings somewhere -
other than a sticky note or a vague discussion in the hallway. Next day you
come in again, you don't quite remember the details of the analysis from
the previous day (perhaps there are 100s of tests and a million other
things that require your attention). I would like help from Jenkins and pop
up the note from yesterday automatically. This until the problem gets
resolved.

So - in the Jenkins test page, I would like
- an "annotation" box that allows me to add free-form text
- If the test still fails since, Jenkins to pre-populate this box, or add a
little help icon or something, that shows the previous test annotations

My question: is there an existing plug-in that does something like this
already? If not, and I were to develop my own, any pointers where I should
start to do this?

Thanks!