From: jenkinsci-dev@googlegroups.com [mailto:jenkinsci-dev@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Artur Szostak
Sent: 25 March 2014 14:34
To: jenkinsci-dev@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Increase logging level to debug 2 hour startup

About 600 matrix jobs and 50 free-style jobs.
The matrix jobs typically have about 60 sub jobs.
Most jobs are triggered with the "Build after other projects are built" option
to form a dependency tree.
I keep only the last 50 builds for most jobs and only the last 10 successful
artifacts, simply to save disk space.
I would imagine all this is a rather straight forward use case.

In case this is asked: The machine my instance is running on has 24 cores, 64GB
or RAM and 2TB or RAID disk space that can sustain ~100MB/s transfers.

So how does your setup compare that you get a 2 minute start time?

At some point I thought it might be coming from a plugin so I even tried to
wipe all the plugins and just have the core jenkins 1.532.2 start. Still got
about 2 hours.

Cheers

Artur