Alternatively, you could check out the BuildWrapper extension point:
http://javadoc.jenkins-ci.org/hudson/tasks/BuildWrapper.html

and use the *setUp(AbstractBuild, Launcher, BuildListener)
<http://javadoc.jenkins-ci.org/hudson/tasks/BuildWrapper.html#setUp(hudson.model.AbstractBuild,
hudson.Launcher, hudson.model.BuildListener)> method.*

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 6:42 PM, Christopher Ambler
<ch...@insiderhouse.com>wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> I am using the hue-light plugin. One thing it does is hook the prebuild()
> event to turn a light blue when a build kicks off. Not only does this
> appear to not work with Maven projects, but it also has a compilation error
> with the latest libraries. I'm told it's a deprecated interface, which
> would explain all of that.
>
> What I can't seem to find is the appropriate way to get code executed when
> a project's build is kicked off.
>
> I'd like to fix this bug.
>
> Can anyone point me to the docs for this?
>
> The plugin turns a light blue when a build starts, and then hooks the
> results to turn the light green/yellow/red based on the status of the
> build. The latter part works fine. It's the "hey, a build is starting, go
> blue" part that I need to rework.
>
> Many thanks in advance!
>
> Christopher

*Mads NielsenConsultantPraqma A/S*